Webhooks allow Friendbuy to notify your system when certain events take place. By setting up Webhooks you can retrieve data on sharing and referrals and take action on that data. Use Friendbuy’s Webhooks to track referrals and update your systems like your CRM, or implement custom business rules like “3 for free.”
Friendbuy provides the following Webhooks. To learn more about the payload for each webhook, please check out our developer docs.
- Sharing - Friendbuy notifies your system when a person successfully shares.
- Conversion - Friendbuy notifies your system when a referral conversion is detected.
- Reward - Friendbuy notifies your system when a reward has been evaluated.
- Email Capture - Friendbuy notifies your system when a referred friend enters email through Email Capture widget.
Webhooks are configured in your Friendbuy account. Here are the steps:
- Log in to your Friendbuy account
- Navigate to Settings > Configuration > Webhooks
- Click on the Webhooks tab
- Enter the URL for the Webhook you’d like to add
- Click Activate
Friendbuy requires SSL-enabled URLs for Webhooks (https). Optionally, you can add HTTP basic authentication.
To add basic authentication, click on the lock icon next to the Webhook url under Settings > Configuration > Webhooks:
Then, just enter your credentials and hit Save:
If you'd like to restrict access only to the servers Friendbuy sends these requests from, you can whitelist the following IP addresses: